Thursday, June 17, 2010

how did it all begin??

I dont think i really shared deeply with many of you how i became a handmade jewellery designer!! I am sure many have asked and i properly responded with 1-2 lines only!! I decided to share it all with you - forever..... as i have left a piece on this - in my Profile but here it is also...

**********************************************************************
So how did i start making handmade jewellery?

My mum had bought many strands of white pearls from a wholesaler! We kept bringing it to jewellery shops to get it properly string and designed. The people there kept coming back with simple, plain and similar designs and was charging alot for the labour, design and clasps! After having them specially make around 3-4 plain pearl necklaces - all looking the same, i thought this is just a waste of money! so i started to look in to it myself and since when i was young I took lessons in making jewellery, i thought i give it a go!

I started to mix and match different colours pearls together, different weaving patterns and made necklaces, bracelets. After a while i thought hey mabye some earrings to match them, then i started off my earrings journey and have not turned back! after playing around with pearls, i then started to look at gemstones, crystals and pure sterling silver pieces! Of coz with out saying i jumped from making one item to an other! Now i have necklaces, bracelets, earrings, hair accessories, pendants and keyrings collections!

so this is how it all started.......... and this is where my journey and dream has began!

*****************************************************************

I never dreamt i would design my own jewellery and never dreamt of every sharing any of my handmade pieces with anyone! But now this dream has come true - and i am so happy to see you all enjoy my designs and actually wear my jewellery!

Many thanks for helping me make this dream come true! It gives me great strength to design more pieces and the inspiration to go further! Thank you!


Nini
Belovedjewels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment